facebook

Sunday Schedule

September-May

8 am
Holy Eucharist
Rite One
(no music)

10:10 am
Sunday School & Nursery Care (Sunday School children join us at the Peace for Communion)

10:15 am
Holy Eucharist,
Rite Two
(with music and choir)

11:30 Coffee Hour

June- August

Memorial Day weekend through the Sunday after Labor Day weekend

9:30 am Holy Eucharist with music

10:30 am Lemonade on the Lawn

 

`

Facilities and Grounds

Immanuel Church is on Glencoe Road in the Sparks-Glencoe area of northern Baltimore County. Located a few miles above Cockeysville and Hunt Valley, Maryland (see directions), the church and surrounding grounds occupy approximately 11 acres atop a hill overlooking a sweep of the strikingly beautiful Maryland countryside. Together, the church and grounds convey an overwhelming sense of peace and serenity to parishioner and visitor alike. In addition to the old stone church, the grounds contain a Parish Hall and a rectory.

The rectory is a five-bedroom house with a detached three-bay garage. The rectory’s main wing was built in 1877 with various additions built in later years. The rectory is styled as a typical 19th-century, two-story farm house.

The Parish Hall was first built in 1881 for Sunday School space; additions were built in 1958 and 1988. Since then it has housed a kitchen and a large open meeting space on the main floor and Church School classrooms on the ground floor.

There is parking for 60 cars on the grounds. A cemetery was formed in 1886 and is located behind the Parish Hall on land donated by members of the congregation. The remaining acreage is in woodlands. A meditation path was constructed through the woods in 2000 by our sponsored Boy Scout Troop and in an area of woods near the church a meditation garden was developed in 1999. A new state-of-the-art playground was built behind the Parish Hall in the fall of 2000.

The Parish Hall and the Church underwent extensive renovations in 2006-2007 to provide more effective use of the facilities as well as to restore and maintain the campus aesthetics. The Parish Hall has been air conditioned and updated to provide a welcoming area for the informal family worship service, presentations, meetings and dinners. The church is being restored to maintain its historic charm along with a new pipe organ, air conditioning and an expanded chancel area. Extensive renovations in 2001 led to the use of the first floor for meetings, receptions, and special events, while the second floor was used ofr parish offices. In 2010, the offices were moved to the lower level of the parish Hall and the Rector and her family now reside in the Rectory.

Please call the church office at
410-472-2828 for rental information.

rental

rental

rental